As Providers What We Say Matters... Matters A Lot
The intent of this course is to present a framework for auditing one's readiness to help others. As a person, patient or healthcare provider, we bring our emotional state, stresses and burdens to every interaction we have each day. In an increasingly stressful and fast paced world where work demands pervade the privacy of our home environments, we are often in a state of sink or swim that affects our lives and our ability to help or care for others. This course seeks to identify components of the pain experience and suggests that the words used between providers and patients contribute to stress and pain. Stress in our lives affect our ability to be kind when interacting with others and truly affect our capacity to help others or offer our resources in service of one another. Ask yourself: Do I carry stress in my life? If the answer is 'yes' or 'unknown' then this course is for you.
What’s Included in this Course
- Certification of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content, such as the workbook can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- Quizzes throughout to help you integrate the knowledge.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants (such as The Allied Health Professional Development Fund) and for tax purposes.
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- A Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
You will learn:
- The importance of word choice and mutually understood definitions of words.
- The purpose of pain; what it's all about.
- The Titanic Model and it's levels.
- Reasons for experiencing pain that are not physically based.
- Challenges relating to the Opioid Epidemic and whether or not it really is an epidemic of opioids.
- Practical examples of drivers of chronic pain that are not physically based.
- The true definition of a guru.
- Whether you as a person are ready to serve others in your professional capacity.
Audience: Any person, patient or healthcare professional wishing to learn about determinants of pain and a model that can be used for self reflection to audit one's current state and readiness to truly help others.
Course Material included in this course
As Providers What We Say Matters...Matters A Lot
My Chronic Pain Story and Transformation
The Titanic Model
The Opioid Epidemic