Inspiring Leadership in Ourselves and Others: Emotional Intelligence
“The ability to manage ourselves and our relationships effectively” (Daniel Goleman, 2000)
This pre-recorded webinar will allow the participants to comprehend the importance of emotional intelligence and self-awareness. An in-depth explanation on building leadership skills for physiotherapists is provided, alongside exercises and case studies.
Additionally, this pre-recorded webinar discusses the different alternatives of leadership roles in the industry of physiotherapy. Having self-awareness is extremely crucial for physiotherapists; this will provide them with the ability to advance into leadership positions.
A set of videos, PowerPoint and case studies are provided in order to allow the participant to fully apply himself or herself.
- Discuss current fields of leadership competencies for the profession of physiotherapy;
- Identify the principles of emotional intelligence and how self awareness can assist aspiring physiotherapists move into leadership positions; and
- Provide examples of how emotional intelligence may be applied to their own practice and organizational setting
This pre-recorded webinar is targeted towards health care professionals that want to enhance their leadership skills in their practice and organizational setting
- The course participants will be provided with a webinar on building leadership
- PowerPoint presentation, which includes exercises, practice management self-reflections, and more case studies.
- Case study on Emotional Intelligence
Kris Head, B.ScPT, M.Sc, MBA
Kris Head is a Physiotherapist and Leadership Division executive with the CPA. He is the Director of Operations for the Prairie Region within Centric Health. Over his Physiotherapy career, he has been involved with managing clinicians and administrators as well as mentoring other managers and leaders through their development.Kris holds several degrees including undergraduate degrees in Kinesiology and Physiotherapy as well as two Master's Degrees in Physiology and Business Administration.
Swapnil Rege, MScPT, MBA (c)
Swapnil Rege graduated from the University of Toronto with an Honours Bachelors of Science in 2005 and received his Master’s degree of Physiotherapy from McMaster University in 2007. He currently works as a clinic director and physiotherapist at LifeMark Physiotherapy in Brampton, Ontario. In addition to being the Education Coordinator of the Leadership Division, he is also the Chair of the Oncology Division. Having previously worked in New Brunswick, Swapnil was also the newsletter editor and Public Relations and Communications Chair with the New Brunswick Physiotherapy Association. In 2009, he was awarded the Young Leadership Award for outstanding leadership and dedication in the physiotherapy field. Swapnil is currently completing his MBA at Schulich Business School with a focus on Health Industry Management.
The Leadership Division's role is to coordinate, promote, and provide programs and services for the acknowledgement and development of leadership skills and attributes in physiotherapists.
The Leadership Division:
- Unites Canadian Physiotherapy Association members who are interested in all aspects of leadership in physiotherapy
- Makes available information and educational materials related to physiotherapy leadership
- Develops and offers workshops and links to other professional development opportunities
- Encourages the development and publication of research in the field of leadership in physiotherapy services in Canada and elsewhere
Practice Management Workshop Emotional Intelligence
Welcome & Your Resources
Inspiring Leadership in Ourselves and Others: Building Leadership Competencies in our Profession Session: Emotional Intelligence