Taking the Complexity out of the Shoulder Complex
The shoulder joint is one of the most common areas of the body prone to injury due the complexity of its design and mobility available to it. The number of tests used to assess and diagnose can be daunting and the exercises available to it overwhelming!
Applying a systematic approach that takes into account all of the structures around the shoulder that influence its function and getting to the root cause of shoulder pain and dysfunction.
How would you like to have some order and flow to your assessment and treatment approach to find out where the root cause is coming from and how to treat it most effectively?
Join the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and Tom Swales for this online course about Taking the Complexity out of the Shoulder Complex: A Hierarchical Approach to Assessment, Treatment, and Movement Prescription.
In this online course you will:
- Understand why you must screen and clear out the cervical spine and neurological system with every client first
- Learn a systematic approach to assessing the shoulder and the structures that influence it
- Learn the hierarchical importance of structures as it pertains to the nervous system and movement development.
- Apply the 7 Principle Pillars of a healthy shoulder and the 3 Primitive Pillars that restores its natural function.
- Receive a 3 step treatment formula that can be done with or without manual therapy techniques and teaches your clients how to manage their shoulder pain effectively.
- Learn how to create the most effective home exercise program with the 3 step treatment formula
- Create robust and durable shoulders using various strength tools such as barbells, kettlebells, calisthenics, bands and more.
- Increase your precision with your treatment and rehabilitation intervention.
- Teach your clients how to be more aware of their bodies and better manage and strengthen their shoulders and surrounding parts.
- Achieve greater patient outcomes and build your practice around becoming the go to shoulder expert.
- Simplify your clinical practice with a more organized and systematized framework to assess and treat with.
- Enhance the overall patient experience and build your clinical practice quickly.
CPA - Embodia Partnership Information
Here's a short video that outlines how to make the most of your CPA Membership on Embodia. The video outlines registering for a webinar, connecting your CPA account to Embodia, and getting CPA discounts on courses/webinars.
- Click here to login to the CPA website
- Once you’ve logged in, go to the tab at the top called 'Events & Education', then click on PD Marketplace
- Click on the link above the video that says 'Access the PD Marketplace Now!'
Please note: All pricing for CPA-hosted webinars and courses, including all Division courses, is set by the CPA. If you have any questions about the pricing please contact the CPA at email@example.com
MPT, ACT, FCAMPT, AMTC, CSCS
Tom Swales is a practicing physiotherapist and strength coach with a particular focus on human movement. He is the founder and creator of Swales Performance Systems (SPS), which educates advanced knowledge of human movement. Toms work and ideas are at the forefront of fitness, conditioning, injury prevention and rehabilitation.
Tom completed his Bachelor of the Arts in Athletic Training with honours at Graceland University in Lamoni, Iowa while on a soccer scholarship in 2002. He continued on to complete his Masters of Physiotherapy at the University of Western Ontario in 2006. He holds many advance diplomas and certifications specializing in manual therapy, acupuncture, strength and conditioning and concussion management. He has been a physiotherapist and strength coach for the Canadian Men’s Alpine Ski Team, a Lead Medical Practitioner for Soccer at the TO Pan Am Games as well has a loyal clientele of elite / professional athletes.
Tom’s treatment philosophy includes using manual techniques, acupuncture to restore normal joint and soft tissue mobility, then supplementing it with functional corrective exercise techniques and movement strategies to prevent injury re-occurrence. Patient education on their injury and understanding of how and where movement is produced is an integral part in our treatment philosophy and preventive strategies.
Through his work, Tom has the vision to empower people and help them gain confidence in their potential and abilities. His whole body approach and empathetic character complement his extensive experience perfectly, allowing him to guide his clients through their issues and through the challenge of achieving the healthy bodies they deserve.
Tom teaches his approach to fellow professionals in the health and wellness industry to offer workshops in movement foundations and whole body exercise therapy. Toms integrated knowledge across the fields of human movement, strength and performance has given him the foundation to create a user-friendly framework for assessment and prescription of exercise for all types of physical mobility impairments.
Tom’s social life is busy, filled with clinical work, speaking engagements, writing, self-enhancement and family time with his wife and two young children.
Checkout Tom’s professional development site: https://www.tomswales.com