Pelvic Floor & Pediatrics
Expert Series Episode 6: Pelvic Floor & Pediatrics With Julie Wiebe And Shelley Mannell
Learn from Julie Wiebe & Shelley Mannell, both physiotherapists with years of orthopedic & pelvic health experience, and find out what you can incorporate pelvic floor pediatric care into your practice tomorrow to better serve your patients.
Who Is This Online Course For?
This online course is for all rehabilitation professionals, including physiotherapists, physiotherapy assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, chiropractors, athletic therapists, exercise therapists, kinesiologists among others.
What’s Included In This Online Healthcare Course?
- 25 minutes of video lessons
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content may be downloadable (such as a workbook or slides if included), the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and for tax purposes.
How Can I Get This Course For Free?
This course is FREE for Embodia Members. Becoming an Embodia member means you get the following benefits:
- 20% off your first premium level course. A $30-$100 savings right off the bat!
- Full access to an extensive free library of ‘member only’ courses with new ones added each month!
- Full subscription to the Embodia home exercise prescription software and exercise library (a $15/month value on its own!).
- Invitation to our free monthly ‘members-only’ webinars hosted by an Embodia instructor.
- Monthly ‘member only’ discount days (20-100% off) on premium level courses.
- Includes a 30 min, 1:1 professional development consultation. A $150 value!
The Embodia membership is $15/month and you get 10% off if you subscribe to the annual plan. Members of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association get 25% off the membership.
If you're ready to subscribe and become an Embodia Member, click here. Once you sign in you will be redirected to the correct page where you can subscribe.
If you don't subscribe to become an Embodia member, you will be on the Pay-As-You-Go Plan which means you pay for individual courses, don’t have access to Embodia’s home exercise software, and don't get access to discounts on courses.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.
PT, MPT, BSc.
Julie Wiebe, PT, DPT has over twenty-four years of clinical experience in Sports Medicine and Pelvic Health, specializing in pelvic/abdominal, pregnancy and postpartum health for fit and athletic females. Following her passion to revolutionize the way women recover from pregnancy and injury to return to high levels of fitness and performance, she has pioneered an integrative approach to promote women’s health in and through fitness. Her innovative concepts and strategies have been successfully incorporated by rehab practitioners and fitness professionals into a variety of populations (ortho/sports medicine, pelvic health, neurology, and pediatrics). A published author, Julie is a sought after speaker to provide continuing education and lectures internationally at clinics, academic institutions, conferences and professional organizations. She provides direct care to female athletes through telehealth and her clinical practice in Los Angeles, California.
PT, BSc , BHSc,
Shelley Mannell is a Physical Therapist with over 30 years experience serving babies, children, and adolescents across a spectrum of neurological and developmental disabilities. She integrates a broad range of clinical skills and research to provide innovative neurobiology-informed treatment of children with movement disorders. Shelley founded HeartSpace Physical Therapy for Children in order to support clients and families as they matured through the lifespan.
Shelley began teaching as a clinical faculty member in the Faculty of Rehabilitation Science at McMaster University and remains committed to improving the care for children through clinical research and education. Shelley is certified in both NDT and SI. She is also a children’s yoga and meditation facilitator and the co-creator of Dynamic Core for Kids, an evidence-based approach to central stability for children with motor and sensory challenges. Shelley also provides mentoring to therapists world-wide through her blog and her online program. As a respected international speaker, Shelley discusses the dynamic systems nature of the development of postural control and its application to assessment and intervention for children with sensory and motor challenges. www.heartspacept.com
Course Material included in this course