COVID-19 Resources for Physiotherapists and Clinic Owners
What funding do I qualify for? Should I go on EI or apply for CERB? Should I lay off my staff or should I hire them as employees? How do I convert existing patients to virtual visits (telerehabilitatoin)?
These are some of the frequently asked questions we've been receiving by thousands of clinicians over the past couple of weeks.
And, this is the reason we started the PT-Together webinar series.
The economy has taken a direct hit. Countless people are out of work. And some folks are sick, and fighting for their very lives.
Many don’t have the luxury to sit completely still and wait for things to pass. They depend on their income each month. Because of this, there’s never been a better time to start a side hustle or to re-develop your existing business. To use your gifts to be of service to other people. Even in tough times — and in fact, often BECAUSE of them — entrepreneurship can thrive.
During PT-Together Episode 6 on April 9, 2020, we discussed:
- Practical information about CERB and other personal and business funding from a Chartered Accountant (CA) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Anthony Barone (a partner at Baker Tilly, one of Canada's largest associations of chartered professional accounting firms).
- Tips on how to protect your clinic (and stay calm) and survive this storm as a community (one week at a time) with Rick Lau, serial entrepreneur and clinic owner coach.
- 4 strategies to get your patients to convert to telerehab with Julian D'Angelo (growth and digital marketing specialist).
We are in this together.
Here's a short clip from our discussion on Friday with Rick, Anthony, and Julian:
What do you think? Do you agree with Rick?
During PT-Together Episode 6 (watch the full episode here), there were many resources and articles shared.
Resources and Articles:
- Article with case Studies about 3 solo business owners - Salaried Sally, Proprietor Peter, and Dividend David
- Federal relief measures guide by Barker Tilly accounting firm
- Business Guidance by Baker Tilly
- COVID-19 Financial Relief for Canadians report
- Request a comfort letter by the CRA
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association Statements & Resources
- Email marketing software for small businesses (this is one review of 7 tools but please do your research)
- 24 of the best email subject lines we've ever seen
If you would like to watch the recording of PT-Together Episode 6 please click here.
PT-Together Episode 7 is coming up on Friday, April 17 from 2-3 pm EST and we are going to be discussing business and marketing strategies. Joining us on this webinar is Julian D'Angelo (back by popular demand) and Dinah Hampson, physiotherapist and owner of Pivot Sport Medicine.
Are you in? Beef up your business brain and your bank account right here.
Panelists for PT-Together Episode 7:
Julian D'Angelo is a growth and digital marketing specialist and he has helped me understand and implement effective digital marketing strategies (I have no background in business or marketing). He also has a one-pager to help physiotherapists and rehab pros market their telerehab services during these unprecedented times. We'll link to the resource during the webinar!
Dinah Hampson is a registered physiotherapist with 20+ years experience and is the owner of Pivot Sport Medicine in Toronto, ON. She is in your shoes! She has been navigating this challenging situation and has been experimenting with marketing strategies to not only sustain but to grow her business during the pandemic!
Join Julian and Dinah on Friday April 17 from 2-3pm EST