All-Star Clinician Series Episode 4: Knowing Your Worth (Stop Guessing)
All-Star Clinician Series: How to Thrive as a Young Clinician in the “New Normal” During and After the Pandemic
Overview of the Series:
Do you want a clear path on how to channel your clinical skills to make a bigger difference in your patients' lives AND how to apply practice management skills to your practice that leads to even better results - right now?
Join Darryl Yardley as he introduces you to some critical factors to become successful in your career. Darryl’s been a physio for more than a decade and has mentored and helped hundreds of physios achieve all-star status in their practice. He will also give you the know-how to keep your caseload full and double your patient success stories.
Darryl told us that far too often he has conversations with young clinicians who find themselves in poor job situations, are unsure how to negotiate a contract, are not making the money they expected, and are stagnant in their career (to name a few).
Don’t let this be you. Darryl will share with you what he discovered over the years—and what he wished he would have known sooner.
You can register for individual sessions, but to get the most out of it, it's highly recommended to attend all (register for all sessions here). These sessions are being offered for free to all students and new graduates (see more in the 'Who is this series for?” section below). Each session will be recorded and made available for free to Embodia Members only.
Each live session will take place on Thursday evening from 8:30 - 9:30 PM EST. There will be time to have your questions answered live. Each session in this series will focus on a different topic.
- Session 1: Find Your Job Dream Job and Don’t Be Fooled (May 20, 2021)
- Session 2: The Game-Changing Mentorship Relationship (June 3, 2021)
- Session 3: Practice Re-Calibration: What Consumers Actually Want (Not What You Think They Want) (June 17, 2021)
- Session 4: Knowing Your Worth (Stop Guessing) (July 8, 2021)
Overview of the Session 4: Knowing Your Worth (Stop Guessing)
- Command respect, but check your ego at the door.
- My friend gets a higher fee-split than I do… I demand more?
- How do I ask for a raise with or without a scheduled performance review?
- My schedule is filling up, but my bank account isn't... what should I do?
Who is this series for?
- Clinicians who have been practicing for five years or less
- Individuals in their final year of a physiotherapy degree program
- Internationally Educated PTs who are new to practice in Canada
PT, Co-Founder of Embodia
Maggie Bergeron is a registered physiotherapist who received her Master of Science in Physical Therapy from McMaster University in 2009 after completing her undergraduate studies at the University of Ottawa where she played on the women's water polo team.
Maggie is the co-founder of Embodia. She continues to see a small caseload of patients virtually and holds a Status-Only Appointment (lecturer ranking) with the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto.
PT, B.Kin (Hons), M.Sc.(PT), M.Cl.Sc.(Manip), FCAMPT
Darryl has been a physical therapist for more than a decade. He is a clinic owner and the Chief Operating Officer for Clinic Accelerator where he supports 500+ clinic owners with their operations, recruitment and clinician performance. He has mentored and helped thousands of Physical Therapists become all-star clinicians, clinic directors, and equity partners. He is past chair of the Private Practice Section of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association, co-author of "Diagnosis and Management of Femoroacetabular Impingement", and is a professor of Business and Leadership in Physical Therapy at Western University.