Stop Hurting Women With Exercise - 5 Key Concepts To Help Female Athletes
We were taught to "do no harm" but what if the things we have been taught actually do MORE harm than we think?
- Identify some of your own biases and assumptions about female athletes and exercises
- Determine areas of your work that may require reframing to ensure you are truly empowering the person who is seeking your assistance
- Develop simple but effective changes in your thinking, knowledge, assessment and management skills to help your female athletes even more than you do now
- Recognize different attitudes towards higher intensity exercises and what to do about them
- Implement these changes with your next female athlete client
B.App.Sc.(Physio)(USyd)., Master in Manual Therapy (UWA)
Antony Lo is a physiotherapist from Australia and runs The Physio Detective service. He earned his degree from the University of Sydney and has been in practice since 1997.
He completed his post-graduate masters in Manual Therapy (Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy) from the University of Western Australia and commenced his Specialisation training in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
He has been involved with treating CrossFit athletes since 2011 and has helped some of the world’s best CrossFitters at the highest levels through to beginners of all ages. He loves and participates in CrossFit and is a strong advocate for the sport. Through participation and through his work as a Physiotherapist at all levels of CrossFit, he has developed a model of treatment that utilises the best from Sports Science, Musculoskeletal/Sports Physiotherapy, Pain Science, and Women’s Health research to provide a realistic holistic model of care balancing the biopsychosocial model of healthcare.
He is NOT an employee of CrossFit, he does not represent or work for them in any way and his views and opinions are entirely his own. He holds a CrossFit level 1 – Trainer Certificate and is a CrossFit Football Coach/Consultant (now CrossFit Sports Specific Application). Antony has a wife and 3 beautiful children in the best city in the world – Sydney, Australia!