Prenatal Physiotherapy: Building Maternal Capacity through the Trimesters
This evidence-informed webinar will guide you through initial prenatal assessment, trimester-specific prenatal care, birth preparation, post-partum follow-up, and ongoing care.
Webinar content includes physiotherapy’s evolving role in prenatal care, a toolkit for physiotherapists offering prenatal care, key components of the five phases of optimal care, and considerations when designing group prenatal classes.
This webinar is intended for women’s/pelvic health physiotherapists who currently work with the prenatal population or those looking to expand their practice confidently to this area (physiotherapy students/assistants and allied health professionals are also welcomed to attend).
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Integrate evidence into prenatal clinical practice.
- Select and prescribe appropriate treatment techniques for the prenatal population.
- Organize clinical practice based on the trimesters.
- Support personal control during pregnancy, labour, and delivery.
- Design optimal care for the prenatal population.
- $50 CAD is the regular registration rate
- $35 CAD for Women’s Health Division Members
- $35 CAD for Embodia Members