Mindfulness in Rehabilitation and the Management of Chronic Pain and Stress
With the advancement in neuroscience research, mindfulness has proven to be a frontrunner tool in providing safe non-pharmacological care to patients with chronic conditions, including chronic pain and chronic stress.
This online free webinar by Shrey Vazir (Registered Physiotherapist and Certified Mindfulness Facilitator), explores the following:
- How to apply Mindfulness in Rehabilitation and the Management of Chronic Pain and Stress.
- The webinar will explore the background, research, evidence, and the practical applications of mindfulness in rehabilitation.
In this online webinar, you will learn:
- What is mindfulness? What is meditation?
- What does mindfulness look like in practice?
- What is the science and evidence behind mindfulness meditation?
- How can we apply mindfulness-informed techniques in routine clinical practice?
- How can we add these techniques to our tool box when providing tele-health/virtual-care?
- How is stress related in the recovery for chronic conditions, including chronic pain?
- How can mindfulness be used personally: for self-care/well-being, building resilience, and becoming a well-rounded and empathetic clinician.
- What other tools, handouts, and resources are out there to learn more about Mindfulness?
This online webinar is suitable for all rehabilitation professionals including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapy/occupational therapy assistants, kinesiologists, chiropractors, athletic therapists, exercise therapists among others.
This online webinar is particularly suited for clinicians wishing to learn about the clinical applications of Mindfulness in their respective settings.
Clinicians wishing to learn about how to use mindfulness for personal well-being.
What can be expected:
What is included in this online webinar?
- A captivating, relatable and interactive presentation.
- A chance to practice a brief guided meditation.
- A question and answer period, post-presentation.
- Access to future trainings and courses on mindfulness in rehabilitation.
- Special access to handouts and patient-resources.
Regardless of the injury, illness, or disability, mindfulness has been proven to be an effective tool to improve patients’ resilience during their recovery. Join this webinar to learn basic mindfulness-informed techniques to start applying them in your clinical care right away. Start your journey on becoming a master of integrating mind and body science!
MSc (PT), B.Sc.Kin, Applied MPCPM™
Shrey is a Registered Physiotherapist and a Mindfulness Meditation Facilitator specializing in chronic pain and stress. Having gone through a personal journey with persistent pain, Shrey has embraced mindfulness into his daily practice – both personally and clinically.
With his advanced training in the Mindfulness-Based Chronic Pain Management (MBCPM™) program, he has integrated the principles of mindfulness meditation to teach patients and coworkers on how they can better cope with chronic illnesses such as chronic pain and stress. Shrey has also been a guest presenter at the University of Toronto and is deeply involved in their Physical Therapy Department’s pain curriculum.
As a passionate clinician who is well-versed with pain neuroscience and evidence-based rehabilitation practice, Shrey’s mission is to inspire current and future rehabilitation professionals to incorporate mind-body approaches in their own practice.