Mindfulness Is The New Black: An Introduction to Mindfulness
Everyone gets stressed, but it is how we respond to stressful stimuli that determine the physical, emotional, and mental toll. As healthcare providers, we have the added pressure of not only caring for ourselves but also our patients. Consequently, it is imperative we learn to deal with our stressors, and mindfulness has been proven to do just that.
In this online course, we will:
- Provide an extensive introduction to mindfulness
- Delve into the science behind acute vs chronic stress
- Discuss the difference between a Stress Response vs a Stress Reaction
- Review the evidence-based benefits of mindfulness
- Discuss Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and how it can help manage stress
- Provide an easy 12-step guide to incorporate mindfulness into your daily life
About the Instructor: Dr. Sally Safa
Dr. Sally Safa is a board-certified Periodontist. She is an alumnus of the University of Toronto where she maintains a teaching position as a clinical instructor. She maintains a private practice in North York where she enjoys all aspects of Periodontal and Implant related patient care.
She is also a passionate advocate of wellness for healthcare providers. We don’t talk enough about healing the healer. It is often challenging to find a balance that allows for personal contentment and professional gratification. Dr’s Safa’s Masters research was in the field of Psychoneuroimmunology, understanding the effects of stress on the body. This background combined with her personal experience with stress and anxiety and using Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction to cope, led her to become a speaker on the topic.
With humour and enthusiasm, she shares this knowledge with audiences of all healthcare backgrounds.