Congenital and Acquired Amputations in Childhood – Physiotherapy Management
About The Course
This course outlines the physical therapy assessment and treatment for congenital and acquired amputations in pediatric patients. The significant differences between treating adults and children with an amputation are highlighted.
The number of pediatric patients with limb differences is much smaller than adults, so most physical therapists do not have the opportunity to build their expertise with this population. In addition, every child with a congenital limb difference is unique and requires an individual care plan to meet their needs as development occurs and needs change over time.
In This Online Physiotherapy Course, You Will Learn:
- To establish best practices in the management of childhood amputees.
- Allow participants to ask questions of a clinician who works with the amputee population.
- Improve knowledge of prosthetics from a physiotherapists perspective
Who Is This Course For?
This course is a relatively new and growing area of practice for physiotherapists. This course is for any physiotherapist or healthcare professional who sees patients postnatally.
What's Included In This Online Physiotherapy Course?
- More than 50 minutes of video lessons.
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content may be downloadable (such as a workbook or slides if included), the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and tax purposes.
- A Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
About The Instructor
This course is brought to you by the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and taught by Beth Watkins, a physiotherapist who has worked with children with limb differences and acquired amputation since graduating from the University of Toronto with a BScPT in 1980. Beth has been the coordinator of the Children’s Limb Difference Clinic at the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital since 1984 and has had the opportunity to attend international conferences specializing in the management of pediatric amputees.
Can I Share a Course With a Friend Or Colleague? How Does The Group Discount Work?
Each course purchase is for a single viewer only, and may not be shared. If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a group discount code specifically for your group. The larger the group, the larger the discount. Each individual must purchase separately with the discount code, and agree to the terms and conditions (legal). This provides each participant with their own copy to review at their pace, in addition to the opportunity to interact with colleagues as you all work collectively through the material.
Contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.