Ask Me Anything: Headaches and Concussions (Dec 2019)
About The Course
The term post-traumatic headache just means that the headache started or got worse as a result of a trauma. The term doesn’t actually tell us anything about the characteristics of the headache, and in order to provide treatment, it’s essential to understand the clinical characteristics. Knowing the differences between the different headache types that fall into the category of post-traumatic headache means that you can develop treatment plans to manage these headaches more effectively.
This recorded Ask Me Anything webinar with Meaghan Adams, is an opportunity to have an in-depth look at post-traumatic headaches. We’ll talk about the connection between headache and trauma, the types of headache that can be caused or exacerbated by traumatic injuries, how to differentiate between headache types, and how to treat patients with the various presentations of post-traumatic headache in your own practice. The concepts covered in this course are intended for immediate use in a clinical setting.
Post-traumatic headache is a complex condition, affecting all aspects of a treatment plan for a patient who experiences it. This course will allow you to better understand post-traumatic headaches and as a result, will transform the way you treat it.
This is the recording form a Ask Me Anything Webinar with Meaghan Adams on December 04, 2019.
In This Online Healthcare Course, You Will Learn:
- Rehab principles for acute vs. persistent post-concussion symptoms.
- Patient education strategies: How can we talk about concussion without catastrophizing?
- Is the rest always best? How to make decisions about exercise and activity after a concussion?
- Concussions are big business, and patients ask questions about different products they've seen on the news or in the media to resolve symptoms or prevent concussions. What does the research say about these?
Who Is This Course For?
This course is for all healthcare practitioners who treat patients who may have a concussion or post-traumatic headache, including physiotherapists, chiropractors, occupational therapists, athletic therapists, kinesiologists, and massage therapists.
This course will also benefit movement therapists and teachers, as well as those interested in learning more about these topics.
What's Included In This Online Healthcare Course?
- More than 55 minutes of video lessons that were recorded on the live Ask Me Anything webinar
- A bonus section of additional video lessons where Meaghan answers the questions she was unable to get to on the live webinar!
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content may be downloadable (such as a workbook or slides if included), the majority cannot.
- This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and for tax purposes.
- A Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
How Can I Get This Course At a Discounted Rate?
This course is specially priced for Embodia Members. The benefit of becoming an Embodia Member includes free and discounted courses, free webinars, professional development coaching, and home exercise software. The Embodia Membership is only $15/month (or $13.50 on our annual plan). You can become an Embodia Member by visiting this page: https://embodiaapp.com/subscriptions If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a group discount. The larger the group, the larger the discount.
Contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.
PT, BSc, MSc(PT), PhD(Neuroscience)
Meaghan earned her physiotherapy degree from Queen’s University, and completed Fowler-Kennedy’s Sport Physiotherapy Fellowship before earning a Certificate in Sport Physiotherapy from Sport Physiotherapy Canada. She also holds a Certificate in Vestibular Rehabilitation from Emory University. Meaghan completed her PhD in neuroscience at the University of Waterloo, studying how concussions affect brain function and sensory integration, and is currently a post-doctoral fellow at Toronto Rehab and York University studying the integration of cognition, motor function, and sensory inputs in adults with prolonged concussion symptoms using virtual reality and tablet-based computing.
Meaghan serves as the vice-chair of the Neurosciences Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association, and is an Assistant Clinical Professor (Adjunct) at McMaster University’s School of Rehabilitation Science.
Course Material included in this course
Highlight - Trauma and Concussions
Ask Me Anything with Meaghan Adams
Defining the Role of the PT
Audience Questions pt1
Audience Questions pt.2
Audience Questions pt3
Never Stop Learning: Next Steps