Advanced Rehab Techniques in Breast Cancer
Advanced Rehab Techniques in Breast Cancer is an advanced course that is designed to help the participant learn more manual techniques as well as some myofascial releases. The course is designed for Physiotherapists, Occupational therapists and advanced practice nurses. It is recommended that the participates have several years of cancer care experience or have taken the other course available: "Rehab Techniques in Oncology".
The course includes; instructional videos, access to the Forum, a downloadable workbook as well as a completion certificate. After each section there will be a quiz going over the covered topics which must be filled out for completion of the course. The course is yours forever to go in and review as you develop your caseload.
Don’t waste time! Get trained and get started working with this amazing bunch of people!
To educate participants on proper rehab techniques when working with a client that has a diagnosis of breast cancer.
What You Will Learn:
- Learn more manual techniques
- Learn some myofascial release techniques
- How to prescribe safe exercise for an individual with Breast Cancer
What is Included:
- Course participants will be provided with courseware and a workbook.
- Access to an exclusive private forum with Jodi. Ask Jodi and other course participants your questions.
- Videos of oncology rehabilitation exercises that can be shared with patients via Embodia.
- Indefinite access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content
- Certification of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content, such as the workbook can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Patient exercises that you can easily share with your patients on Embodia. For more information about Embodia for home exercise prescription, click here to watch a short video. When you sign up for this course you will get a one (1) month complimentary trial with the Embodia home exercise prescription software (for new registrations only).
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- Quizzes throughout to help you integrate the knowledge.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants (such as The Allied Health Professional Development Fund) and for tax purposes.
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- A Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
Jodi Steele, BKin, RPT
Jodi earned her kinesiology degree in 1997 and a physiotherapy degree in 1999 from McMaster University. Upon graduation she co-developed an oncology rehabilitation program, Cancer Rehab-The Next Step. In 2005 her husband joined her and founded Cancer Rehab Inc., Canada’s first not-for-profit cancer rehabilitation centre.
In 2009, Jodi designed, developed and launched Wellspring’s Cancer Exercise Program, which continues to be delivered at sites throughout southern Ontario. For her innovative contributions to society, Jodi received the 2009 Arch Award from McMaster University.
Presently Jodi is a professor at Niagara College. She continues to educate peers through educational lectures focusing on cancer exercise and rehabilitation for health care professionals and lymphedema management in the home care setting.
|Instructor Name||Jodi Steele|
|Access Duration||Indefinite access after purchase|