Integrating CBT into Clinical Practice
About the Course:
This online physiotherapy course brought to you by Pelvic Health Solutions and taught by Lara Desrosiers provides a summary of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and how physiotherapists and healthcare professionals can integrate CBT into clinical practice.
The current evidence to support the use of CBT for chronic pelvic pain and other distressing symptoms related to pelvic health will be reviewed. Thoughts and beliefs about symptoms can support or stall recovery - our language as health providers can serve to re-enforce maladaptive beliefs or promote hope and healing.
In this Online Physiotherapy Course, You’ll Learn:
- An introduction to CBT
- Models of CBT
- The fear-avoidance methods
- 3rd wave approaches
- Empowering modifications
What’s Included In This Online Physiotherapy Course?
- More than 30 minutes of video lessons.
- Bite-sized information: All of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content may be downloadable (such as a workbook or slides if included), the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and for tax purposes.
- A special coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
Who is this Course for?
This online course is for all rehabilitation professionals, including physiotherapists, physiotherapy assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, chiropractors, athletic therapists, exercise therapists, kinesiologists among others. This course is also relevant for movement specialists, yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and those interested in learning more about pelvic floor health and wellness.
Can I Share a Course with a Friend or Colleague? How does the Group Discount Work?
Each course purchase is for a single viewer only, and may not be shared. If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a group discount code specifically for your group. The larger the group, the larger the discount. Each individual must purchase separately with the discount code, and agree to the terms and conditions (legal). This provides each participant with their own copy to review at their pace, in addition to the opportunity to interact with colleagues as you all work collectively through the material.
Contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.
This course imparted by Pelvic Health Solutions (PHS) contains the recorded lectures from the 6th annual Pelvic Health Symposium in 2019. This course will challenge your theoretical and practical knowledge of pelvic health. Listen to their knowledge, and deepen your understanding of pelvic health and all of the factors that will make you a top-notch, excellent practitioner. You don’t have to be a practicing internal pelvic health therapist in order to benefit from this course - If your patient has a pelvis, you will benefit from this online course!