Taking a Root Cause Approach To Pelvic Health
The 5th Pelvic Health Solutions (PHS) Symposium will enrich your theoretical and practical knowledge of pelvic health.
If your patient has a pelvis, you will benefit from this online course!
You don’t have to be a practicing internal pelvic health therapist in order to learn from the 4 incredible experts who present on a variety of topics - pelvic health, vulvodynia, breast feeding, and bladder conditions.
Learn the science, critical reasoning and inter-disciplinary approaches needed to fully understand the direction that pelvic health is taking in your community, provincially, nationally and internationally.
This online course is made up of presentations from a variety of evidence-based practitioners in a variety of fields.
About The Course:
In this presentation, Jessica Drummond, DCN, CCN, PT will discuss how optimizing digestive function, nutrient dense nutrition, stress management, and optimal sleep can support clients to reach their pain relief goals in an empowered way. We will discuss how the collaboration between a functional nutrition approach and a physical therapy approach is optimal for women with pelvic pain conditions including endometriosis, interstitial cystitis (IC), vulvodynia, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and constipation.
What do you get in this course?
- Slides to each lecture
- Lifetime Access: You can come back to this course at any time. If any material is updated or material is added to the course, you will have access to the new content.
- Certification of Completion: once you've created the course you will get a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia and while some of the content, such as the workbook can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed on phone, tablet and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants (such as The Allied Health Professional Development Fund) and for tax purposes.
- Bite sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite sized chunks so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch or for a few minutes at night.
- You will receive a Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
Audience: Rehab Professionals (PT, PTA, OT, OTA, AT, ET, Kin, etc), movement specialists, yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and those interested in learning more about pelvic floor health and wellness.
DCN, CCN, PT
Course Material included in this course
Taking a Root Cause Approach to Common Pelvic Health
What is Functional Medicine
Root Causes and Mitochondria
The Gut Microbiom and Mitochondria
Holistic Women's health Assessment
Digestive System and Nutrition
Nerves and Stress
Conclusion and Q&A