Essential Oils: Integrating them Safely into Clinical Practice
About The Course:
Did you know that Lavender essential oil is an evidence-based strategy to reduce stress and anxiety?
There has been considerable research on lavender, with most research confirming that lavender essential oil is effective for use as a sedative, mood modulator, analgesic, and decreases anxiety. Most of your patients have access to essential oils in their homes but are often not using them properly.
Should they be diffused or used topically?
This over the counter supplement is within your scope of practice as a physiotherapist but do you know the safety precautions? Do you know the contraindications?
This is a potentially powerful tool for desensitizing the central nervous system. The olfactory nerve goes straight to the amygdala and is not modified by the thalamus first.
The brain really pays attention to smell as a priority sense! Use it to help calm your patients and restore their sleep.
In This Online Physiotherapy Course, You’ll Learn:
- Evidence for and how to integrate essential oils safely into clinical practices.
- What are essential oils?
- About the history of essential oils.
- About the quality of essential oils.
- Why dōTERRA?
- Use of essential oils in treatments.
- Research on oils for dysmenorrhea.
- Oils for dysmenorrhea.
- Safety and essential oils.
- Applications of essential oils.
What’s Included In This Online Physiotherapy Course?
- More than 40 minutes of video lessons.
- Bite-sized information: All of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content may be downloadable (such as a workbook or slides if included), the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and for tax purposes.
- A special coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
Who Is This Course For?
This online course is for all rehabilitation professionals, including physiotherapists, physiotherapy assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, chiropractors, athletic therapists, exercise therapists, kinesiologists among others. This course is also relevant for movement specialists, yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and those interested in learning more about pelvic floor health and wellness.
Can I Share a Course with a Friend or Colleague? How does the Group Discount Work?
Each course purchase is for a single viewer only, and may not be shared. If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a group discount code specifically for your group. The larger the group, the larger the discount. Each individual must purchase separately with the discount code, and agree to the terms and conditions (legal). This provides each participant with their own copy to review at their pace, in addition to the opportunity to interact with colleagues as you all work collectively through the material.
Contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.
This course imparted by Pelvic Health Solutions (PHS) contains a recorded lecture from the 5th annual Pelvic Health Symposium in 2018.
This online course will challenge your theoretical and practical knowledge of pelvic health. Listen to their knowledge, and deepen your understanding of pelvic health and all of the factors that will make you a top-notch, excellent practitioner.
You don’t have to be a practicing internal pelvic health therapist in order to benefit from this course - If your patient has a pelvis, you will benefit from this online course!
Course Material included in this course
Welcome to this Course!
What Are Essential Oils?
Uses in Treatments
Essential Oils in Your Practice