Embodia's HCAI Integration: Benefits & How to Get Started
By: Nataliya Zlotnikov MSc, HBSc
By: Nataliya Zlotnikov MSc, HBSc
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Headaches in Ontario
As a healthcare professional, you have a lot on your plate.
There is unyielding demand for better service, faster service, expanded service…the list goes on. Then there’s also the accompanying headache of paperwork, calls, emails and many other endless administrative tasks.
…And then of course there's billing.
If you bill directly to insurance, getting fairly compensated for your efforts is not a straightforward task. In the grand scheme of the day’s activities, it’s not usually a task that clinicians look forward to (maybe a close tie with charting?!)
Insurance billing can be quite complex, time-consuming and confusing. Oftentimes, many practitioners spend hours of uncompensated daily time dealing with billing. In fact, a recent paper (Fake Study, 2023), found that a leading cause of chronic headaches in Ontario healthcare practitioners and clinic admins is Health Claims for Auto Insurance (HCAI).
N.B. Fake Study is…a fake study, but you get the point.
7 Reasons to use Health Claims for Auto Insurance (HCAI)
HCAI benefits patients and practitioners alike. Here are a few reasons physiotherapists may use HCAI:
- Regulatory compliance: It complies with regulations in regions where HCAI is mandated for auto insurance claims.
- Efficiency: HCAI can be submitted electronically reducing paperwork.
- Secure data handling: HCAI protects patient data and maintains privacy.
- Reduced administrative burden: HCAI automates many administrative tasks, such as claims submission, documentation, and tracking
- Tracking & reporting: HCAI provides tools for tracking claim progress and generating reports.
- Accountability & transparency: HCAI helps ensure that all parties involved in the claims process have access to the same information.
- Cost Efficiency: By streamlining the claims process and reducing administrative costs, HCAI can result in cost savings for all parties.
But even with all these benefits, practitioners and clinic admin often still feel overwhelmed by HCAI.
Ontario practitioners can now submit HCAI claims directly through Embodia
We are proud to present Embodia's HCAI integration! Decreasing headaches, one practitioner at a time.
For practitioners and clinics based out of Ontario, Canada, Embodia enables you to submit Health Claims for Auto Insurance directly from Embodia. This feature integrates seamlessly with the Embodia billing features, resulting in significant time savings and less administrative hassle. This feature is available as part of our Tier 3 membership.
3 Reasons to use Embodia for all your HCAI needs
One resource PTs and rehab pros are heading to more and more is that of a comprehensive practice management system such as Embodia.
- All-in-one practice management system: You can do everything from scheduling, and charting to billing and everything in between on Embodia.
- We know the rules: We know the rules and regulations inside out. We stay on top of the complexities so you don’t have to. In effect, we are a data-driven, quality-obsessed shield that protects you from having to worry about the complexities of HCAI.
- Intuitive & easy to use: Our integration with HCAI is intuitive and easy to use, leading to considerable time savings and less administrative hassle. On top of that, we have easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions to guide you through every step of the process.
When you choose to work with Embodia, you decide to leave behind the stress that can come from having to contend with the complexities of billing. We do the hard work for you, so you don’t have to.
How to get started with HCAI on Embodia
To get started, take a look at our HCAI integration introduction help article on Embodia.
Ready to get started or curious to learn more? Click below to schedule a demo.
Date published: 6 September 2023
Last updated: 6 September 2023
Embodia is an all-in-one practice management system that lets clinicians and clinic owners power their practice all from one platform.
We are on a mission to transform the way healthcare is delivered by empowering clinicians with the tools, technology, and education to deliver data-driven care, and empower clinics and clinic owners to maximize their success.
Embodia offers an unmatched breadth and depth of services including recorded and live online courses, HEP, telerehab, billing, charting, reporting, scheduling, two-way messaging, and more.
We are committed to building new solutions for an antiquated healthcare system and to helping physiotherapists and rehab pros globally redefine themselves and their expertise in a changing world.